The M-ALL board has been working diligently to prepare for a unique season with a handful of new changes that we will embrace together as a league and make part of a memorable return to baseball. But to be successful we need the support and participation in the rules from coaches, parents and players. We truly are all in this together and we need to be on the same team when it comes to adjusting to some required changes.
First, our COVID Safety Procedures Manual was approved by the City of Menlo Park – read it here. This is a plan we are required to follow. If the league, including coaches, players and parents does not follow the plan, the City of MP can revoke our use of City fields beyond just this season. Thankfully, it’s not a complicated plan and we’re all used to COVID safety measures by now. But I will likely continue to remind everyone to do their part.
Below is a summary of the plan and what to expect…
Practices & Games
- Masks: At all times
- Social distancing: We will take measures to prevent all but the essential contact necessary to participate in practice and play.
- Purple tier: Practices only. Teams are allowed to practice within their team only. So, we can start our pre-season just like we do every year.
- Red tier: Games are allowed once we get to the Red tier meaning two teams will be allowed to play each other.
- No spectators at practices please.
- When games return, spectators from a player’s immediate household will be allowed.
- Spectators will not be allowed on the bleachers or near the dugouts. Spectators will watch from the outfield or down the foul lines practicing social distancing.
- What if we don’t get to Red tier soon enough? If we are stuck in an extended Purple tier, the league is ready to have inner team scrimmages that include umpires, spectators, scores and the occasional loose dog on the field.
Health Screening – Required by the City
- Just like many schools, we will be using a health screening app built directly into TeamSnap. Download the TeamSnap app here: iOS App, Android App
- Before games and practices, you will be required to complete the health screening questions in the app.
- Reporting COVID: Per the Safety Manual the league and participants will follow the state & county guidelines for reporting COVID cases. If reporting happens the County takes control of contact tracing. The league will take guidance from the County on any additional steps if cases are reported.
Registration Payment & New Waivers
- Payment: If you registered prior to Jan 19, you should have received an email to complete your registration payment. PLEASE complete the payment process before registration closes. This is super important – please don’t make us track you down.
- Waivers: Early registrants also need to accept the new waivers that were updated with our COVID Safety Plan approval by the City.
- Opting out: If you already registered but want to opt out for any reason before the season starts, please just let us know as soon as possible so we can finalize team sizes & required coaches.
Thank you for your ongoing support of M-A Little League. We are excited for this coming season and hope to see you on the field soon!