NEWS & EVENTS
Important update: Player Evaluation Day for Machine-Pitch through Majors players (baseball ages 7-12) has been changed to Jan 30th at the Upper Laurel Campus Field.
We will be enforcing social distances practices, keeping players spaced out while they wait their turn and following mandated COVID safety measures. We plan to keep Evaluations quick – depending on age it’s only 3 or 4 individual drills.
Location – Upper Laurel School, 275 Elliott Dr, Menlo Park *please park and remain in your vehicle until your evaluation time
- Players should wear baseball attire including cleats and a hat
- Players should bring all their own equipment; helmet, bat, glove,
- Players MUST wear a mask at all times
- Please warm up at home to avoid any extra interaction at the field
- When you arrive an M-A League volunteer will be in the parking lot to transition players from vehicles, to the check-in desk and the field
|Time||Baseball Age||Last Name|
|9:00-9:30 am||Age 7||Last names A-L|
|9:30-10:00 am||Age 7||Last names M-Z|
|10:00-10:30 am||Age 8||Last names A-L|
|10:30-11:00 am||Age 8||Last names M-Z|
|11:00-11:30 am||Age 9||Last names A-L|
|11:30 am-12:00 pm||Age 9||Last names M-Z|
|12:30-1:00 pm||Age 10||Last names A-L|
|1:00-1:30 pm||Age 10||Last names M-Z|
|1:30-2:00 pm||Age 11||Last names A-L|
|2:00-2:30 pm||Age 11||Last names M-Z|
|2:30-3:00 pm||Age 12||Last names A-L|
|3:90-3:30 pm||Age 12||Last names M-Z|
We realize there will be schedule conflicts but please do your part to arrive during your window and help limit the number of players at any given time.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Happy holidays! I hope you are finding new and creative ways to enjoy your socially responsible time at home.
Registration is open. Registration numbers are up from this time last year. Keep them coming!
Good news #1: Last week the California Department of Public Health released new guidelines regarding outdoor youth sports, classifying baseball as an “outdoor moderate-contact sport”. Practices under physical distancing and stable teams/cohorts are permitted.
- Practices will start in the spring with added COVID safety measures (distancing, masks at all times, no shared equipment, etc.).
- The state has not yet determined when inter-team games (i.e., between two teams) will resume. Until that time, practice will continue as usual when the spring season begins, If necessary, inner-team scrimmage games (4 on 4 on 4) with umpires and socially distanced spectators are possible. More on that to follow over the coming weeks.
Good news #2: The per player registration fee is reduced to the pre-2019 rates.
- Machine Pitch through Majors = $250
- T-ball & Coach-Pitch = $175
- Payment requests will be sent to those who registered in the next few days.
Evaluations: Machine Pitch through Majors (Ages 7-12)
- When: Saturday, January 23rd.
- Where: Menlo-Atherton High School
- No spectators will be allowed. Sorry, parents will need to wait in the car.
- Players will arrive for a specific window of time based on their age and will be done in about 30 minutes.
- More details will follow closer to Jan 23rd
- No tune up clinic this year
- January 23: Evaluations at Menlo-Atherton High School
- January 31: Registration closes for Machine-Pitch through Majors
- Feb 8-12: Machine-Pitch through Majors drafts and teams announced
- Feb 14: T-Ball/Coach-Pitch Registration closes
- Feb 18: T-Ball/Coach-Pitch teams announced
- Feb 22: Practices start following Winter Break
Want to sponsor a team? Sponsorship opportunities will be available at all divisions. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your ongoing support of M-A Little League. We are excited for this coming season and hope to see you on the field in the spring!
We are excited to open registration for the Spring 2021 Season!
We would like to thank our entire Little League community for your support throughout the pandemic. Losing the spring and fall baseball seasons was heartbreaking, but we are excited to confirm the M-ALL Board is planning youth baseball in spring 2021 (pandemic-willing)!
The League will continue to work closely with local city/town officials, as we did the last spring. Safety rules and procedures for youth sports continue to evolve, but we remain focused on preparing for a spring 2021 season and bringing our community back together at the baseball field. Safety will be a top priority at every level including players, coaches, umpires and parents. The league will take all safety measures necessary to resume competitive play as soon as authorities allow.
Registration is now open:
- All players and families who have the intent to participate this Spring should register at this time. We need your help understanding the level of interest for baseball via early registration – it is hard enough to plan a normal season, but a pandemic season unfortunately doesn’t have a planning playbook.
- Registration fees will not be collected during registration. Dues will be collected prior to the season start.
- We are also excited to share that we will be modernizing our league website and upgrading to TeamSnap for registration and the mobile app. Your current TeamSnap login for other sports will continue to work when registering for M-A Little League.
We would also encourage anyone interested in volunteering as a Coach or Assistant Coach to indicate that preference in registration. Establishing a solid group of coaches early will help us plan for a successful launch of what is guaranteed to be a memorable season.
Divisions being offered:
- Majors: 12 and 11 year old players
- Minors: 9 and 10 year old players
- Machine Pitch: 7 and 8 year old players
- Coach Pitch: 6 year old players
- T-Ball: 5 year old players
District 52 Competition Teams
- Seniors: 15 and 16 year old players
- Juniors: 13 and 14 year old players
- All ages are welcome
Information regarding player evaluations for older divisions and the annual Tune-Up Clinic will be shared at a later date.
Looking forward to seeing everyone back on the baseball field again soon!
For the last 6 years, we have used LeagueAthletics as our registration/website provider. It served us well for a long time, but it’s an aging platform and last spring we started to see some issues. We contacted the provider, and they do not plan to invest more resources in developing it further.
Starting in the spring of 2021, M-A Little League is moving to Team Snap. We evaluated many different platforms, and Team Snap had the best match of capabilities that we need as a league as well as a simple and modern design.
- Since this is a new platform, we will need to ask M-A Parents, Players, and Community members to register in this new system. The older data in League Athletics was unable to be carried forward.
- We will need to adjust our workflows in some cases. Please bear with us as we identify and streamline any issues that may arise.
- The website design will continue to evolve. It contains basic information now, and we will continue to expand on the information provided.
Overall the transition will take some time, but it will offer many usability improvements as we start the 2021 season!
Menlo-Atherton Little League
1259 El Camino Real #130
Menlo Park, CA 94025